Activities for Narrative Theme Writing Workshops
This session will focus on activities that can be used to instruct teachers to teach the Narrative Theme Writing program. Participants will be introduced to several activities and will experience doing the activities. They will debrief about each activity with regard to what they learned and what they need to be aware of as they use the activity in their workshops.
Learning Outcomes/Next Steps
Participants will learn about and participate in
• An activity about text types
• An activity to analyze a story
• An activity to code a story
• An activity to sort sentences
• An activity to plan a story If there's time, participants will practice writing a story.