Xtreme Reading: An Overview
Xtreme Reading makes a difference! In this session, learn about this spiral reading curriculum that includes instruction in eight foundational SIM reading and motivation strategies across a single school year. Xtreme Reading is appropriate for students reading, minimally, at the fourth grade level and appropriate for students who exhibit:
· Poor reading fluency,
· Small sight vocabularies,
· Limited understanding of words and multiple word meanings,
· Limited background and conceptual knowledge,
· Few skills in using strategies that enhance understanding and remembering of oral and written language.
Learning Outcomes and Next Steps:
- Examine the materials including the daily, detailed lesson plans.
- Acquire information sufficient to make a decision about using Xtreme Reading.
- Receive answers to the most frequently asked questions.